Why I Hate Estrogen

This was originally a response to a prompt on a blog I read several months ago. I don't know why this was the prompt, but I just found what I wrote and thought I'd share it again. 

I don't think I need to explain what, exactly, estrogen brings about. Y'all know... This story happened on one of *those* days.
 
TMI? Idc. ;)

We are sitting in the frozen yogurt shop thirty minutes before the weekly campus ministry meeting and my friend is telling me about how she and the guy she likes are FINALLY talking about dating. He did the most romantic thing ever last night. 

I am the only single girl at our table and my coffee (yes... I get coffee at the yogurt shop) is too sweet (never thought I'd say that). Oddly enough, I'm more upset about the coffee than the singleness. I waited all day for this coffee and it's not right. This is tragic. I am sad. 

We get up to leave and my friend says, "I'm just so happy!" You know what? I'm suddenly ridiculously happy for her. 
I feel the burn. My eyes water. My throat tightens. I know it's coming. I'm about to... cry. 

I rush out of the shop. I have to make it to the car before this happens. Yep. Driving while emotionally compromised is a great idea. My friends run after me. The car won't unlock. They catch me. 

"Are you crying?" 

"No!" I screech. "I never..." A single tear falls onto the pavement with an ungodly loud splat. "cry..." Everyone just looks at me -and then it happens. I begin to sob in the middle of parking lot.

I'm not sad. I'm not happy. I'm angry. Because I'm crying. I hate crying. I hate emotions. I hate estrogen. 

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Comments

  1. Ha! I loved that little snippet. Any girl can relate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you're here. I respond to all comments as long y'all make sure to DIGG whatever you say. ;)
"Does It Glorify God?"

Popular posts from this blog

The Mighty Ducks 1992 kostenlose filme -1440p-FLA

The Big Lebowski 1998 kostenlose filme -1080p-SDDS

Hellboy 2004 kostenlose filme -1440p-MPEG-1