Prompted

Well, guys, the last prompt received TWO responses! We're getting there slowly but surely! ;)

If you've completed the prompt before, you know the drill. If not, here are the guidelines:
  • Your response should be between one and three paragraphs.
  • You can either post your response in the comments or on your own blog.
    • If you post on your blog, make sure to copy the link into the comments!
  • This is strictly for fun. No prizes or judging. Sorry!
***

Write about the moment "it all made sense." 
***

My response:
As my gaze drifted from Carmen to Pierre to the inspector, it all made sense. We had been played. Every single one of us. Well played, but played nonetheless. I cast a glance at Addie. Hurt was written all over her heart-shaped face. I could understand why such a trick might be played on the rest of us, but why Addie?


Happy Hump Day, y'all!
Yep... Typing that was just as awkward as reading it. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to fix some things. Here it is...

      As my boyfriend knelt in front of me with a ring box open on his palm it all made sense. This was the reason he hadn't been answering my phone calls or texts or e-mails. Here I had thought he was still at the cattle auction in El Rino, Oklahoma but he let me think that so would be surprised when he showed up back home. Isn't he the sweetest man alive?! He is still kneeling there so I suppose I ought to answer him. Bet you can guess what I'm gonna say. :)

      Thought I'd do something different this time. Enjoy!

      HP

      Delete
    2. Lol. I love it! I'm a total sucker for a love story...

      Delete
  2. Adam woke up. It wasn’t to a piercing alarm’s screech or to anything dramatic like that. Sunlight spilled between the gently swaying curtains and danced over the bed. He sat up, taking a deep breath. It was as if he could taste the subtle flavor of sunlight as he inhaled. The clock read 7:47. Adam set his feet on the hardwood floor and found himself smiling at the cool feel of the wood. There was a soft tap at the door and he said, “Come in.” A tiny face peeked around the door. It was his son, Michael.
    “Mommy said to get you up for breakfast.” The face disappeared back around the doorway.
    Adam went to the door and found Michael, hiding behind the door. Those big brown eyes looked up at him. He looked so trusting just as his mother did. Things had been so hectic with work and moving into the new house. Michael at the age of seven wasn’t so sure about his new home. Adam wasn’t sure either. Adam gave a roar and picked up his squealing son. In the peals of laughter so bright and cheerful and in those eyes that smiled even when Michael wasn’t, Adam realized that it all made sense. Somehow through everything that changed and would change, there was a plan. It may not be his, but it definitely made sense.

    It got a little long-winded. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you worked a sense of wondering into a prompt about everything making sense. Love the irony, there. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you're here. I respond to all comments as long y'all make sure to DIGG whatever you say. ;)
"Does It Glorify God?"

Popular posts from this blog

The Mighty Ducks 1992 kostenlose filme -1440p-FLA

The Big Lebowski 1998 kostenlose filme -1080p-SDDS

Hellboy 2004 kostenlose filme -1440p-MPEG-1